Let us take you to spectacular dive sites around the Similan Islands
Let us take you to spectacular dive sites around the Similan Islands: giant boulders, pinnacles, underwater ridges & swim-throughs are the perfect backdrop to witness Leopard Sharks, schools of Damselfish, Eagle Rays, Harlequin Shrimp & even Titan Triggerfish going about their daily lives. If you’re into crustaceans and cephalopods, don’t miss Donald Duck Bay, where armies of Crabs, Shrimps, Molluscs, Squids & Cuttlefish dot the boulders & rubble on the seabed.
We will also be taking the plunge at one of Thailand’s most iconic dive sites: Richelieu Rock. Encounters with Whale sharks, Manta Rays, and even 1 metre-long Malabar Groupers are not uncommon! Richelieu Rock’s rich biodiversity & ecosystem means you’re never short on underwater sightings, so bring your camera along for this visually stunning dive trip!
Besides our divers’ favourite pick of Richelieu Rock, you will also get to experience dive sites at Mu Ko Similan Marine National Park & Mu Ko Surin Marine National Park. Both these conservation areas have been earmarked for regeneration of coral & aquatic life, which makes for varied sightings in the Similan’s 30m visibility. Some of the dive sites have pristine reefs & healthy coral habitats that cling to massive rocks that encase the islands, while some others, like Koh Tachai, allow you to witness the slow recovery of coral after 2010’s widespread bleaching.
Whether you’re after the larger pelagic types, or into searching for little macro gems, Similan offers the perfect combinations of unique mixes of diving for you & your buddies. Corals grow past even the 30m mark as the abundance of sunlight & excellent visibility allows them to thrive in the Andaman Sea’s warm waters.
Dive Sites At a Glance:
- Elephant Head Rock – Lionfish, Turtles, Frogfish, McKosker’s Wrasse, Giant Moray Eels, Leopard & White Tip Reef Sharks
- West of Eden – Squeeze through canyons covered in Sea Fans & Soft Corals to see Hawksbill Turtles, Nudibranchs, Ghost Pipefish, Schooling Glassfish, Red & Purple Fire Gobies
- Christmas Point – Coral Gardens among giant granite boulders with Leopard Sharks, Ribbon Eels, Barracuda, Napoleon Wrasse, Manta Rays & Guitar Sharks
- Hideaway Bay – Explore Tuna Wreck now conquered by Anthias and Fusiliers, Surgeonfish, Porcupine Puffers, Octopi, Emperor Angelfish & Khul’s Stingrays
- Koh Bon Ridge – Sea Snakes, Shrimp, Lobster, Maldivian Sponge Snails, Andaman Sweetlips, Masked Bannerfish, Manta Rays & Leopard Sharks call this limestone island home
- Koh Tachai – Whale sharks, Manta Rays, Leopard Sharks, Oceanic Triggerfish, Trumpetfish, Giant Puffers, Cube Boxfish & Schooling Chevron Barracuda
- Richelieu Rock – Whale sharks, Tuna, Trevally, Harlequin Shrimp, Groupers, Pineapple Fish, Moray Eels & elusive Seahorses. Possibly your best dive ever!